Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Black Salve

Bloodroot Plant
Black salve is a natural herbal remedy containing a plant called bloodroot, as well as other herbs.  Bloodroot has been used as an "Indian Mud" poultice by Native Americans for hundreds of years.  Commonly referred to as puccoon, the Native Americans used bloodroot as a remedy in treating cancer, moles, gangrene, and a wide range of other illnesses.

It is called bloodroot because the roots of the plant produce a bright red sap when cut, and it is this sap which is used in the Black Salve.

The scientific name for bloodroot is Sanguinaria canadensis and Sanguinaria has been found to be a potent cancer-fighting agent (examples linked below). 

In addition to Native Americans, medical doctors in Europe have used bloodroot to treat cancer as early as the 18th century.  After helping to found the New York Academy of Medicine in 1847, Dr. Jesse Weldon Fell took the Native American remedy to London where he used it extensively to destroy malignant tumors at Middlesex Hospital; usually within an average of 2-4 weeks.

In 1911, Dr. Eli G. Jones wrote a book entitled, "Cancer, its Causes, Symptoms and Treatment" which documented his use of bloodroot pastes in successfully treating various cancer tumors, including masses so large that they were considered by other doctors to be "beyond human skill to cure".

Understanding that surgery alone would not get rid of all cancer cells (which can spread via blood vessels, nerves and cartilage), Dr. Frederic Edward Mohs used a salve of bloodroot and zinc chloride to kill the roots of cancer cells in what he called his "Chemosurgery" approach to skin cancer.  After using the salve to kill the roots, he could then proceed with surgery to remove the tumor.  It is said that this approach allowed Dr. Mohs to "root out the cancer completely while sparing the greatest possible amount of healthy tissue and minimizing scarring".
Bloodroot roots with red sap showing.

Bloodroot was also a main component in Harry Hoxsey's herbal paste which was so successful that he had the support of various senators, judges, doctors and others who could personally testify to its effectiveness.  Two Federal Courts also found that his treatment did in fact cure cancer, causing him to be dubbed, "The Quack who Cured Cancer." 

Dr. Andrew Weil - a world-renowned integrative medical doctor - also wrote about bloodroot salves in his book, "Spontaneous Healing" which describes his success in using it to treat a tumor on his dog.  In fact, if you research the use of black salves, you will find that they are commonly used in veterinary medicine today.

There are certainly far too many testimonies to share here.  My point however is to show how black salve has been used to effectively treat cancer - even amongst the medical community - for centuries.  It is no "snake oil" tonic, but has historically been shown to seek, draw out, and destroy cancer cells/tumors.

Black salve works as an escharotic salve, which has been called a type of botanical surgery because it targets, kills, and draws out cancer cells so that the body can expel it.  Escharotics are corrosive agents which produce a scab or "eschar" when applied to skin as they cause tissue to die and then slough off.  There are MANY counterfeit products in the market being promoted as "black salve".  However, you should be aware that a properly prepared black salve will not burn healthy skin, but literally targets cancerous cells.  Because bloodroot has aggressive corrosive properties, one should be very careful in using it, including purchasing the product from trustworthy vendors and working with a medical professional to monitor its use.

After much prayer, I decided to try black salve in treating the metastasized breast cancer (which was a skin lesion at the site of my biopsy/lumpectomy), as well as treating the tumor mass which had developed deeper in my breast tissue.   While I was using the Protocel treatment (and still am), I really thought I needed something which would work more aggressively on the cancer.

Black Salve On-line Journal
In case it might help others, I started an on-line journal to chronicle my experiences in using black salve (including descriptions and pictures).  You can access the links to each day's entry here: Black Salve On-Line Journal Entries


Personal Testimonies of Black Salve Usage

Dr. V. Conquers Breast Cancer

Cancer Treatments banned by Govts

Removed Mole with Black Salve


Black Salve Resources

Black Salve Info

Best on Earth Products - This is where I purchased my black salve from.

Alpha & Omega Labs I know others who have purchased here with good results.

Bill O'Leary's Black Salve Testimony

One Answer to Cancer with Elaine Hollingsworth

Black Salve Cancer Cure

Breast Cancer and Black Salve

Scientific Studies
Differential Antiproliferative and Apoptotic Response of Sanguinarine for Cancer Cells versus Normal Cells
The results of this study suggest that by modulating apoptosis, sanguinarine may be able to affect the steady-state cell population and thus possesses a potential for development as an agent for cancer chemotherapy. To our knowledge, this is the first systematic study showing the cancer therapeutic potential of sanguinarine, and the induction of apoptosis in cancer cells by this alkaloid.

Sanguinarine causes cell cycle blockade and apoptosis of human prostate carcinoma cells
Several studies have shown that plant-derived alkaloids possess remarkable anticancer effects. Sanguinarine, an alkaloid derived from the bloodroot plant Sanguinaria canadensis, has been shown to possess antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties...A highlight of this study was the fact that sanguinarine induced growth inhibitory and antiproliferative effects in human prostate carcinoma cells irrespective of their androgen status....These results suggest that sanguinarine may be developed as an agent for the management of prostate cancer.

Sanguinarine-induced apoptosis
In this study, we investigated the underling mechanisms by which sanguinarine induce apoptosis in human breast cancer MDA-231 cells. Treatment of MDA-231 cells with sanguinarine induced remarkable apoptosis accompanying the generation of ROS. Consistently, sanguinarine-induced apoptosis was mediated by the increased reproductive cell death.

Induction of necrosis and apoptosis to KB cancer cells by sanguinarine
These results suggest that sanguinarine has anticarcinogenic properties with induction of ROS production and mitochondrial membrane depolarization, which mediate cancer cell death.

Inhibition of Stat3 activation by sanguinarine suppresses prostate cancer cell growth and invasion
In this study, we identified sanguinarine as a potent inhibitor of Stat3 activation which was able to suppress prostate cancer growth, migration, and invasion...These data demonstrate that sanguinarine is a potent Stat3 inhibitor and it could be developed as a therapeutic agent for prostate cancer with constitutive activation of Stat3.

The alkaloid sanguinarine is effective against multidrug resistance in human cervical cells via bimodal cell death
This study provides the first evidence that sanguinarine is effective against MDR in cervical cells via bimodal cell death, which displays alternative mechanisms involving different morphologies and caspase-3 activation status.

11 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I have a question about your blog. Please email me!
    Thanks,
    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting your journey with bloodroot salve. It is wonderful that you're getting such wonderful results. As you continue your healing, I would like to give you the following links to further assist you.

    http://www.breastcancerchoices.org/iodineindex.html
    http://www.iodine4health.com
    "Iodine, Why You Need It, Why You Can't Live Without It" by Dr. David Brownstein
    http://www.optimox.com/pics/Iodine/opt_Research_I.shtml
    http://www.optimox.com/pics/Iodine/opt_Iodoral.htm
    http://www.optimox.com/pics/ATP_Cofact.htm
    http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/
    http://curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=815

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say that I've seen your updated posts - I might even try the clingfilm idea myself when I use it again lol. I wanted to mention that I believe the white substance being pulled out is cancer. I recall reading it some time ago. I also remember seeing some of Dr Simoncelli's videos where he explains that cancer is a fungus and is white.
    Just wanted to mention it - you're doing great - well done!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so interesting Michele! I kept wondering what it was that the white stuff reminded me of and last night the Lord reminded me: yeast. It looks and acts on my skin just like yeast.

    So, I was going to search on that this morning when I saw your post. What confirmation! The Lord is always on time!!

    I have also looked into the Dr. you reference and am posting two interview videos with him below:

    Cancer is a fungus - Part 1

    Cancer is a fungus - Part 2

    What an amazing journey we are on!

    I pray that you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How bizarre that you are trying baking soda (or bicarbonate of soda as we call it here) - I also thought of trying it at some point and I have already tried it where the cancer has pulled my nipple in - it was definately doing something, although I dont know what! Please keep us updated with this because my new batch of black salve has now arrived and as you know from my previous treatment, I'm petrified of going through the pain I did before. Oh, while I think of it, I'm sure I read a statement once before from Dr Simoncelli stating that he can cure breast cancer within a week using bicarb.(baking soda)Although I would have thought it would depend on the size of the tumour? Mine is the size of a lemon so its not going to be overnight x take care and keep up the good work! My thoughts are with you always xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michele,

    "Bizarre" is I would say the appropriate word. LOL When the idea first came to me I thought, "Are you out of your mind??!!" Yet, I do believe this is what God is having me to do and have seen confirmation from Him on it.

    I can also say that the baking soda is definitely doing something, but I am not sure just what either. The surface of the tumor used to be directly under my skin at the opening. Now, because much of that visible surface has been removed by the baking soda, the tumor is much farther awaydown the hole of the opening. So, I cannot really see what is going on as clearly now.

    We shall see. I am thinking of using the black salve again to draw more of the tumor back closer to the surface of my skin. Then I can use the baking soda once more. Not sure yet of my approach, but I will post as I am able.

    How did you use the baking soda before without there being an opening in your skin...or was there one? There has been slight burning with the baking soda for me, but not at the level of pain with the black salve for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, because my nipple is so pulled in, and there is occasional leakage from it (which smells like milk yet my youngest child is 16?)(I have had constant milk leakage since I had my first child who is now 26) I figured that there must be an opening of some sort to be allowing the leakage out? (made sense to me) So, I made a bicarb paste and just put a blob on it. I tried it a few times and something was definately going on in there! Sounds silly but I've even wondered if the leakage is natures way of allowing the cancer to seep out naturally? Bear in mind I've had this lump (although much smaller until the first biopsy back in 97)for around 27 yrs. I've had leakage almost throughout that whole time. Makes me wonder. I did watch a documentary recently that stated that benign tumours will often become malignant once biopsied or cut due to the cells leaking out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I meant to mention, the cancer is all around and behind my nipple. (that's the logic behind applying it to the pulled in centre of it)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fortuitous event coming across your site!

    I have been using Black Salve myself for many years as I too suffer from skin afflictions. The comments some of your readers left here are rather educational too!

    I found that finding good information and instructions on how to use Black Salve can be difficult at times, so I'd like to point you and your readers to a great resource for this on my website.

    http://www.naturalblacksalve.com/information/instructions-for-using-black-salve/

    Be good, be well.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Though I am glad for your sharing of your journey, you have lifted images and text from my web site without a single credit. I have over 500 pages on my site. This represents about 45 years of work. You might consider asking permission before reprinting.

    Ingrid Naiman
    http://www.cancersalves.com
    http://www.cancerchecklist.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ingrid for your post and for your research in this area. I am sure such a wealth of info is helping many.

      Regarding your accusation, I am sorry you have that impression. These are not my original pictures, but ones gotten from an Internet image search. If they are your original pics, I am happy to remove them.

      I can assure you that I have "lifted" no text. What is posted here is the result of my own research for nothing more than the purpose of assisting me in making my own decision about salve. I too invested much time in pulling this info together, as this is not a decision to take lightly.

      Lastly, my intent is not to be the single source for any info. This is why you find many resources listed on this page and on the Resources tab above. Every valuable resource I found I listed above. Your site is not listed because I was not, and am not, familiar with it. Even now, if I search on black salve on my Yahoo search, I see no reference to your site as I drill down into search result pages; which is peculiar considering the extensive collection you say you have.

      Thank you fr sharing your resource here.

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Wisdom from Above...for Cancer. Please know that all comments are moderated and will be approved at the author's discretion. All spam (rants, consumer marketing, incendiary posts...) will be rejected.