Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Laying the Axe to the Root

"And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire." Matthew 3:10

When Jesus died on Calvary, He accomplished a wonderful, tremendous, and almost unbelievable thing.  He laid the axe to the root of the tree of sin.  No longer would man have to pluck at the branches of sin (outward acts of rebellion against God).  Instead, the very thing which gave life to sin - often called the "old man" in Scripture - was killed. 

Apart from Christ's sacrifice, man was a slave to sin; he was guaranteed to sin.  As a result, all he could so was offer continual sacrifices to God to cover his sin.  In Jesus, man can be born again and made a partaker of the divine nature.  God is not looking for man to struggle and pick away at the manifestations of sin in our lives.  He has paid the price for us to have victory over sin by addressing the root of the problem - an fallen, sinful nature brought about by the fall of Adam & Eve in the Garden of Eden.

Some may read this and wonder what in the world it has to do with cancer.  Well, I share this analogy because it is what God used to show me about how to deal with cancer. 

When God first told me not to get chemo & radiation, but to follow a natural treatment for the cancer, I had no idea what "natural treatment" was.  I figured there must be some one thing called a "natural treatment" that I was to follow.  Then I began researching "natural treatments" for cancer...and the results were enough to make me cry, literally.

There were virtually untold numbers of so-called "natural" or alternative treatments for cancer.  And to make it even more confusing, there were just as many "experts" who disputed those claims, professing those treatments to be quackery.  What was I to believe?  What "natural treatment" was the Lord referring to?  One thing I found out was that there are many things that can be done to beat cancer naturally.

One thing to keep in mind is that everybody's cancer is different.  Someone else may have breast cancer, but their cancer might not respond to the treatments that my cancer will.  One thing that cancer patients may encounter is a Caris Report.  This report analyzes the specifics of your particular tumor and identifies which drugs would be most effective against it.  Even with chemo, there is not a "one size fits all" approach to treating cancer.

This can be kind of frustrating with those who look at alternative treatments and say, "If there is an alternative treatment which works for cancer, then which one is it?"  Not even one chemo solution works for the same type of cancer patients.  Knowing this, I have personally tried various natural treatments to see what my cancer would best respond to.  That doesn't mean that no natural treatment works, only that I am looking for which works best for me.

With that said, I have used a variety of natural cancer treatments - and with varying levels of success.  The problem is that a large number of treatments I used were chopping at branches.  Take Protocel for example.  Protocel worked for me and kept my cancer in remission for about 3 years.  It forces cancer cells to die by slightly lowering the energy (ATP) levels of all cells, which forces the cancerous cells into apoptosis (cell death).  However, one would have to stay on Protocel continuously in order for it to continue to work.  It did not get to the root of why your body was allowing cancer cells to survive/multiply unchecked, it merely helped to clean up the results of that problem (cancer starting to live in your system).  For that matter, that's all conventional medicine can offer.  It uses surgery, chemo, and radiation to treat the symptoms of cancer (tumors, proliferation of cancer cells), but does nothing to address why your body is not handling cancer cells the way it was designed to.  It chops at the branches, but doesn't get to the root.

As you likely know, every single person has cancer cells in their body.  However, a healthy body is intelligently designed to identify cancerous cells and rid the body of them.  In people who get cancer, this does not happen (for some reason).  This is the root problem.  Why are our bodies not dismissing the cancer from our systems before they have the opportunity to multiply, spread, and form tumors?

This realization changed the way that I approached my cancer recurrence.  No longer was my target the tumor, but my focus became trying to understand why my body was out of whack and then rebuilding my immune system.  There seemed to be one culprit which kept raising its head: lack of oxygen.

Around the time the cancer started to come back, I was also diagnosed with high blood pressure.  The way one of my doctor's explained it to me, hypertension was the body's response to not getting enough oxygen.  The heart was working harder in an attempt to get more oxygen to the body.

Next, I was diagnosed with sleep apea.  This is a disorder where you actually stop breathing repeatedly during the night.  The proposed remedy was to supply me with a Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) machine.  This would supply oxygen to me during the night to reduce snoring and bring more oxygen to my body to cut down on the cessation of breathing.  This summer, my boss even sent me a news report about how sleep apnea can increase the risk of cancer.  The reason for this link?  Low blood oxygen levels, which can trigger the development of tumors.  I could not bear the CPAP machine, so the low oxygen problem continued.

All in all, there seemed to be continued confirmation from the Lord that a lack of oxygen in my blood was causing me a world of trouble.  This changed my thinking from me fighting the disease of cancer to me understanding that cancer was a symptom of a broader issue in my body caused by low oxygen (just like hypertension, sleep apnea, etc.). 

So the next few posts will focus on the things that I have done to oxygenate as well as detox my body.  Some of these things worked for me while I am not so sure of the others.  Nonetheless, I will post them all here in case they are helpful.

I can share that there were 2 new things that I started last month which seem to have dramatically helped.  The reason I say this is that - within 1 week of starting these - pain was gone at the tumor site.  The texture of my breast started to become supple & pliable again (with breast cancer, the skin can become thick and rough like an orange peel).  The tumor in my breast was decreasing in size as determined by the feel of it.  Since I started both of these approaches around the same time, I am not sure which one is responsible for these changes (or even if it was a combination of the two).  While I will write articles on each of these things, I will tell you now that they were: 1) CapSol-T IV; and 2) baking soda & maple syrup.

Let me make no qualms about it: Jesus Christ is our Healer!  Power is in His hands to redeem us spiritually and physically from every curse.  Yet at the same time, God has given us responsibility for taking care of these bodies and provides also the wisdom to do so.  It is from that perspective that I share the things I have been pursuing to address the lack of oxygen in my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Wisdom from Above...for Cancer. Please know that all comments are moderated and will be approved at the author's discretion. All spam (rants, consumer marketing, incendiary posts...) will be rejected.